Loving High School
At Loving High School, every student matters and has the potential to succeed. Our vision is “to create an environment that challenges and develops students to succeed in life’s endeavors and compete in a global economy.”
Loving High School will educate and serve the community and its students by inspiring them through discovery and high academics.
In addition to traditional course offerings, students at LHS who meet the qualifications may enroll in advanced level and alternative courses including:
- Advanced Placement (AP). AP offerings are rigorous courses designed for the college-bound student. Upon completion, students may opt to take the AP exam and earn college credit (depending on the accepting college/university). There is a $15 exam fee per test.
- Correspondence credit is available for students who need to earn credit prior to graduation. We allow up to two credits per school year.
- Dual credit program. Students in 10th through 12th grade can earn credit at the high school and college levels simultaneously. To qualify, students must maintain at least a 2.0 GPA and pass the Compass placement exam.
- Early Admission (NMSU-C). This is an enrichment program available to 9th through 12th grade students who may benefit from exploration in higher level or specialized courses not available at LHS. Course work does not count toward high school graduation, GPA, or rank in class. Students must have at least a 2.0 GPA and place into courses by passing the Compass exam.
- Programs of Study (POS). POS creates secondary to post-secondary sequences of academic and career education coursework leading students to attain a post-secondary degree or industry-recognized certificate or credential. LHS offers POS for health sciences, STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math), and building trades/architecture. Please refer to the POS outlines provided at the side of this page for more information.