Get the FAQs

We know that you’ll have questions about our procedures and protocol, and we thank you for helping us maintain our rules and standards. Check here for the answers to the questions most frequently asked of our office personnel. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please give us a call. We’re happy to help.

What are the school hours?

Arrival: 7:45–8:05 a.m.
Dismissal: 3:22 p.m.
Detention: 3:25–4:10 p.m.

For the safety of everyone, we do not allow students on campus prior to the stated arrival time since we do not have any staff available to supervise. 
To view the high school and middle school bell schedules, please visit the web page for your child's school. [High School | Middle School]
Back to Top

What do I need to do if my child will be absent from school?

Please call the school office where your child attends on the day of his/her absence. For information about what denotes an excused absence and attendance requirements, please refer to the parent-student handbook found on your child’s school’s web page. [High School | Middle School | Elementary]
Back to Top

What is the procedure to check my child out of school?

An authorized individual must sign out and pick up students at the front office. Students with a valid driving license who can drive themselves may leave campus with prior written permission from a parent/guardian and approval from the principal.
Back to Top

May I visit my child at school?

Yes! We welcome parents to visit our schools. We require all visitors to report to the office, sign in, and obtain a visitor’s pass before entering the school grounds. Please be prepared to show a valid form of photo identification. If you would like to purchase a lunch, please make those arrangements in the front office. We consider any individuals found on school property without the approval of the principal to be trespassing.
Back to Top

Are the campus facilities closed?

Yes. Our campuses are closed. This means that we do not permit students off the school grounds during the lunch period unless formally checked out by a parent.
Back to Top

May I send in treats for my elementary-aged child’s birthday?

Loving Elementary School permits parties during the school day only with the prior approval of the school principal. We do celebrate designated holidays throughout the year. All food brought to the school for these celebrations and events must adhere to the food guidelines in the Loving Municipal School’s Wellness Policy. Please contact your child’s teacher if you wish to discuss arrangements for a birthday treat.
Back to Top

How and when do I register my child for school?

We are always happy to welcome new students to our district. If your child turns five years old prior to September 1 of the current school year  or is transferring from another school district, please visit our Registration page for the information and vaccination requirements you need to get him/her enrolled.
Back to Top

Can I check my child’s grades online?

Yes! We are pleased to offer this convenient service through ParentVUE. Please make sure that you have created your account by completing the ParentVUE Activation Request located under the Parents quick link category found on the Home page. Once that’s done, simply log in and follow the instructions given.
Back to Top

What is the dress code policy?

We believe it is important to project a positive image to the community and to visitors of our schools as well as prepare students to enter the work force with an understanding of the standards of dress required in society. As such, we expect our students to dress in an appropriate manner at all times. Student dress may not present a health or a safety hazard, violate municipal, county, or state law, or present a potential disruption of the educational process. Generally, we do not allow:
  • Spandex, stretch cotton shorts, skirts, or dresses that measure more than three inches above the top of the kneecap when in a kneeling position.
  • Torn, frayed, see through, or mesh clothing—even if worn over appropriate clothing.
  • Spaghetti-straps or shirts and dresses with less than three inches of a sleeve.
  • Clothing that exposes any part of the wearer's midsection, even if covered with or by appropriate clothing.
  • Clothing with any logo, writing, symbols, or numbers that reflect violence, malicious behavior, offensive language, sexual innuendo, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or anything otherwise considered disruptive or gang related.
  • Excessively baggy or large coats and sagging pants (i.e. gang-related, trench, or “goth” styles). We define "excessively baggy" as pants being bunched at the waist under a belt, pants with a low-hanging crotch, pants that cover the feet of the wearer, or drag on the floor.
  • Non-prescription dark glasses worn on the face or head, hats, caps, or other headgear unless designated for a specific purpose. 
  • Exposed body tattoos and piercings (we allow up to two earrings per ear).
  • Students on school property or at any school activity to wear, possess, use, distribute, display, or sell any clothing, jewelry, bandana, emblem, badge, symbol, sign, or other item perceived as evidence of membership in or affiliation with a gang. 
Back to Top

Can high school students drive and park on campus?

Yes. Parking is a privilege at Loving High School and requires the purchase of a $15 parking permit. We reserve the right to revoke parking privileges for disciplinary reasons. Students can begin purchasing parking permits one week prior to the start of each school year at the main office. Students will have through the first week of school to purchase parking permits. Beginning the second week of school, we will issue warnings to students who do not have a permit. A second warning will result in a disciplinary referral. For parking rules, please refer to the high school student manual available on the High School page.
Back to Top

My child must take medication during regular school hours. How do I set this up?

Please adhere to the following guidelines if your child must take any prescribed medication during school hours:
  • Complete and submit the medication consent form. Forms require a physician’s signature and are available in our office or at most medical offices.
  • Parents must deliver the medication in person and in the original container with the prescribed dosage on the label. 
  • We will only administer prescription drugs with a physician’s order; over the-counter medications require a parental consent form.
Back to Top

Does Loving Municipal allow electronic and mobile devices on campus?

Electronic devices include cell phones, music players, cameras, and video games/systems. The Loving School District and its schools shall not be liable for lost or stolen items.

High school students may have electronic devices; however, we absolutely prohibit classroom use. We do permit students to use mobile phones before and after school and outside during lunch.

Middle and elementary school students may not carry or use electronic devices on school property or while attending or participating in any school activity.
Back to Top